Tuesday 14 March 2017

Maternity Photo Session in Collaboration with Maman Chic Boutique

Collaborating and connecting with local business owners is one of the things I love about what I do. When I discovered Maman Chic Boutique through my sister (thanks again Lauri), I fell in love with the products, the concept of the one-on-one shopping experience and the fact that this incredible shop is local and carries lots of Canadian products. I only wish I had this option back when I was pregnant. The good news is, a pregnant belly is not necessarily required for many of the pieces carried in this shop. That’s how versatile the carefully selected pieces are. Sarah knows I’ve been eyeing those Spanx leggings for some time now! 

When we discussed the opportunity to work together, I was thrilled to see it all come together because I truly love this little gem of a shop. In keeping with my photography style, I wanted to create a photo shoot that was real, moody and that highlighted natural beauty. It features a real Mom who is expecting her second baby, it takes place in her own home using natural light with clothing provided by Maman Chic. Clothing she would actually wear on a day to day basis. Photos taken in the spaces that together make a home – the place that will welcome the baby boy next month. 

I think you will agree that this Mama looks stunning exactly as she is – no special lighting or backdrops required. Those curves are so perfectly highlighted by the clothes and the light hitting her just so.

It’s hard to pick my favourites but my top two would be the coloured photo of her standing by the nursery window and that last belly shot. Something about her hands and the roundness of that belly that just gets me. Scroll to the bottom to see the link to the Maman Chic blog post all about preparing for your maternity photo session!




Ottawa maternity photo session black and white portrait of expecting mom's belly







Black and white profile shot of pregnant mom in baby's nursery

Colour portrait of expecting mom in baby's nursery. Mom is wearing dress by Maman Chic Boutique

Colour side profile of pregnant mom in cocoon dress by Maman Chic in Aylmer QC

Black and white side profile of pregnant belly. Lifestyle photo session by Gatineau Ottawa Photographer




Close up of pregnant belly and hands on belly.

Are you pregnant or know someone who is? It’s such a special time that many women want to document. You’re gonna want to go check out the latest blog post on the Maman Chic website to learn all about making sure those photos are exactly what you want! 
Click here  https://mamanchic.com/blogs/news/preparing-for-your-maternity-photo-session   for quick tips on how to prepare for your maternity photo session.








No comments:

Post a Comment