Monday 20 June 2016

A Client's Perspective

Last week I posted a family photo session which gives you an idea of what a typical session looks like. This week I wanted to follow up with a description of what a typical session “feels” like straight from the client’s perspective. For those thinking about booking a session and not quite sure what to expect, here is one client’s thoughts on their family documentary photo session. 

1. Before booking a session with me, did you have any hesitations about the documentary type approach? If so, could you please explain. 


I was very excited about the documentary approach to photographing my family. Those everyday candid moments are what we always remember and say "ahhh if I only had a pic of that!" . The only hesitation I had was a worry that my kids would be shy and not act natural. 

2. In your own words, how would you describe the documentary style approach to photography and how did it feel to participate in this type of photo session?  

The documentary style of photography to me is what is most beautiful about photography. It allows us to capture those little moments in life. The memories that make us smile and allow us to relive that moment every time we look at the photos. The impact of a photo that captures emotion is so much more meaningful then a posed portrait. I had a wonderful time participating and would not only recommend it to anyone but would never have family photos done any other way.



3. What were you most excited about for the photo session? 

I was most excited at the opportunity to be involved in what my family was doing while being photographed and also be included in the photos as I am usually the one that is behind the camera. 




4. Now that you have seen your gallery of images from the photo session, how do you feel about the hesitations you mentioned in #1?

The photos are beyond what I could have expected. They captured my family so beautifully! They are truly stunning in quality and I love that my kids just went about their day being goofy and enjoying a nice Saturday morning. Your sunshine personality and infectious laugh made everyone at ease and it felt as though we just had a good friend over hanging out. 




5. What advice would you give, or what would you tell someone thinking about a documentary photo session for their family?

Anyone who decides to take this approach to family photos will never be disappointed. You are amazingly talented and it was a joy to have you do this for us. Thank you!!







No comments:

Post a Comment