Monday 4 July 2016

L Turns 2

One of the things I like the most about a birthday party is the preparation beforehand. I think this may be tied to the idea of reminding myself to enjoy the process and not just the end result. The quietness before the chaos. When we are wrapped up in getting ready with a 'to-do' list a mile long, it's hard to focus on those moments that happen in-between. I followed the K family as they were preparing for L's Minnie Mouse themed birthday party - complete with custom handmade invitations, Minnie Mouse cupcakes and pink lemonade. My favourite image of that day was of Mom getting L ready on the change table - something about the light in the room and capturing the little everyday detail of getting ready. One day soon enough this activity will unfold quite differently as she outgrows the change table, the crib and as she becomes more independent.



 


















No comments:

Post a Comment