Tuesday 20 December 2016

Christmas Traditions: Baking at our house


A few weeks ago I blogged about documenting some of your favourite holiday traditions. I had the opportunity over the weekend to do just that with my own children. It's not always easy to have the camera ready and to take the time to do it but it's well worth it. As a photographer, with my own family I sometimes struggle with wanting to just be in the moment over trying to capture the moment. It's all about balance. I wanted to be part of the activity with them and not just the observer. I think I managed both this year. I took the camera out only when they were focused on the task at hand and I put it down to take part in the fun. In the end, I know that it will help me to remember what the holidays were like for us - or at least a small part of it.

A little heart showed up in the form of a water droplet amongst all the sprinkles - funny how that happens.







































No comments:

Post a Comment